Sebastiano Garufi Giuliani
International tax advice is an ever-changing challenge. You may see me struggle, but you will never see me quit!
Sebastiano Garufi Giuliani specializes in the area of Swiss, Italian and international tax law, and advises individuals and companies in their cross-border legal and tax issues between Italy and Switzerland. He particularly focuses on corporate restructuring, VAT and customs duties, international gift taxes, real estate taxes, exchange of information, and tax crimes. He assists his clients in all aspects of their relationships with the tax authorities, from compliance to litigation and advanced tax agreements.
Sebastiano Garufi Giuliani is particularly appreciated by his clients and colleagues for his knowledge of both the Swiss and the Italian legal systems, his ability to work under pressure and his sense of initiative.
- Since 2018 Senior Associate at Altenburger
- 2010-2017 International tax lawyer at Talenture Advisory SA, Lugano
- 2007-2009 Tax lawyer at Sarno Berti Ginosa Studio Legale, Milan
- 2005-2006 Legal trainee at Chiomenti Studio Legale, Milan
- 2003-2004 Associate at Baker & McKenzie, Milan
- 2018 Granted rights of audience before the Italian Court of Cassation and all the other Highest Courts
- 2013 Certificate of Advanced Studies in Swiss Tax Law, SUPSI, Lugano
- 2011 Ph.D. in International Law and Economics, Bocconi University, Milan and Université de Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- 2006 Bar admission, Court of Milan
- 2004 Master of Laws in Corporate taxation, Bocconi University, Milan
- 2003 Law degree, Bocconi University, Milan, magna cum laude
Bar / Court Admission
- Milan Bar Association (at all Italian courts)
- Registered in Switzerland as EU/EFTA Barrister (at all Swiss courts)
- Bar of the Italian Court of Cassation and of all the other Highest Courts
- Contract Professor of International Tax Law, Bocconi University, Milan (Italy)
- Lecturer at the Centro Studi Villa Negroni (Vezia)
- Lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) (Manno)